Friday, October 23, 2009

The end of an era

I finished my book. really, really finished it.

It feels like the end of a marathon, or a really long epic hike, like the alleged short cut that Ed convinced me to take in the Sierras. Up and down, over passes, he extolled how much time we would save. It ended up being twenty miles, but we found a beautiful teardrop lake I named after myself.

But I digress. The book is done! Well, maybe it will never be a book. But it felt like something I had to write. I hope it honors Roger and all the others who dragged a drip torch and held the line with me.

Back to the kayak story idea now.

2 comments:

  1. Well, based on your writing in P.S. What I didn't say, and the blog entries here, including the tribute to Roger, it SHOULD #7) become a book and we believe it will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mary! I hope somebody wises up and publishes you. You could go on a tour!

    ReplyDelete

Hello out there. If you liked this post, please leave a comment so I keep writing!