Saturday, May 21, 2011

the trails are opening up!

I have waited six long months for my favorite trail to be free of snow. I took a scouting hike on it yesterday

The water in Hurricane Creek is so clear it doesn't look real.

Somewhere up there is the mysterious Deadman Lake. I'm heading there in August.

Sacajawea, this is the year I climb you.

Another great trail view of the mountains ahead.

The trail disappears into this massive slide about three miles up. It's going to take awhile for this to melt.
I am beginning to be touched with a bit of summer mania. It is so short here-three months if we are lucky-and there is so much to be done. Climb Eagle Cap and Sac. Find Hawk and Deadman Lakes. Camp in Copper Creek. Then there's all the swimming, trail running, kayaking, a trip to Banff, the Oregon coast......!

This is one of those times that I really wish I was lucky enough to not have to work!

3 comments:

  1. Those plans sound awesome! Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Yosemite this weekend and was just astonished by the amount of water in the streams. Many lower elevation trails are practically snow free but creek crossings are more than challenging.
    Ah, those pictures of mountains you posted are so inviting. I think I want to move...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful area you live, hike, explore in! Sounds like a jammed summer, full of good things to see and do.

    ReplyDelete

Hello out there. If you liked this post, please leave a comment so I keep writing!