Monday, March 9, 2015

Gone West. Send Chocolate.

Signs you need to go hiking, far far away from other people:

1. You have a meltdown at work before seven in the morning (thankfully you are teleworking); evidenced by statements like, "How many instant messenger files can several different people send me?! No I don't want to screen share! Go away! Go AWAAAAAY!"

2. You start looking at new tents. You deserve a Big Agnes Copper Spur Mountain Glo tent. You do, you really do.

3. You start planning new trips. Cascade Locks to the Three Sisters Wilderness on the PCT in September? Why not?

4. You consider guzzling the Dr. Richard's Pet Calm. It works for the pets!

5. You hide the Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups from your husband. Mine. Miiiine.

Clearly, I've spent too many hours driving, staying in hotels, and working. I have massive hours of comp time and I don't even remember my last forty hour week. In the interest of everyone's safety, a long hike is in order.

But not this week. I'm traveling, which means more hotel gyms and sitting. I am at a group hug  team meeting in Portland. As far as cities go, Portland's not bad. There's the waterfront, where I may be able to run. There's food carts. There's TV. There's interesting people in scarves. Ooh there's a rally outside!

These are all things I don't have at home, although we have interesting people in Carhartts. So this week I will try not to snarl. I'll embrace the brutality of the hotel gym. I'll count up my comp time with a smile, because it means one more hour on trail. I've got this!

BUT DON'T TOUCH THE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS.


Here's my book cover. Coming out in Sept.  

13 comments:

  1. Ooohhh.....your book has a cover! How exciting! Yep, I have days when all I want to do is go hide and eat chocolate.

    When are you in PDX? I work downtown. Is your meeting downtown or in the 'burbs? If you want to, or have time to meet up, let me know. You can email me at lindaslens13@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great, I doubt I have time though. It's all day stuff with lunch meetings. We will hike someday though. September in Oregon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to hike with you! Yes, Sept in Oregon! I'll plan on it. By then my foot will have completely healed, and I should be back in some type of shape to keep up with you. :)

      Enjoy your conference in the "big city!"

      Delete
    2. I have to say sitting in a conference room all day is challenging. I don't even think I will make it to the waterfront this trip. Oh well. I will keep in touch about Sept.

      Delete
  3. I'm not normally wowed by Trader Joe's, but I almost always manage to walk out with a container of those dark chocolate peanut butter cups when I'm visiting a town that has one. It's so hard to find dark chocolate ones anywhere else!! I don't blame you for hoarding them, I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I can get those maybe once a year, but they are so many calories I can't just mindlessly plow through them either. I have made a homemade version..labor intensive but yummy.

      Delete
  4. Hope you brought your TJ DCPB cups with you. Sending good "BA CSM Glo-Tent" vibes your way. You Really Really do deserve it. Don't let the hotel gym spoil you too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I left the pb cups at home but hidden well. Going to try the Enos lights soon!

      Delete
    2. :)

      P.S. I have yet to figure out a,way to hide the cups from myself. :/

      Delete
  5. www.islikely.com is a good weather app. Could be helpful for you making plans as much as you are outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ray ban sunglasses sale online Not selling ray ban sunglasses sale uk vegetables, there is no income, and that is also how to ray ban sunglasses sale online eat themselves and granddaughter, granddaughter ray bans sale uk online also how to go to school. Cheap, I'll go, I'll go, you wait for me to pick up ground tomato okay. Grandmother not ray ban sunglasses sale online dare to set up a stall here, and just ray ban sunglasses sale online want to quickly put on the ground to pick up the tomatoes and then leave.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Polo Ralph Lauren Pas Cher drunk, enchanted, in the hands of the cigarette fell to Ralph Lauren Soldes the ground did Polo Ralph Lauren Pas Cher not notice it. Polo Ralph Lauren Pas Cher But it is Polo Ralph Lauren Pas Cher the first time I heard such affectionate girl monologue. sale sale silly, silly he felt this feeling http://www.pompiers-plouay.fr is also so good. Backhand clinging cheap.

    ReplyDelete

Hello out there. If you liked this post, please leave a comment so I keep writing!