1. You have a meltdown at work before seven in the morning (thankfully you are teleworking); evidenced by statements like, "How many instant messenger files can several different people send me?! No I don't want to screen share! Go away! Go AWAAAAAY!"
2. You start looking at new tents. You deserve a Big Agnes Copper Spur Mountain Glo tent. You do, you really do.
3. You start planning new trips. Cascade Locks to the Three Sisters Wilderness on the PCT in September? Why not?
4. You consider guzzling the Dr. Richard's Pet Calm. It works for the pets!
5. You hide the Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups from your husband. Mine. Miiiine.
Clearly, I've spent too many hours driving, staying in hotels, and working. I have massive hours of comp time and I don't even remember my last forty hour week. In the interest of everyone's safety, a long hike is in order.
But not this week. I'm traveling, which means more hotel gyms and sitting. I am at a
These are all things I don't have at home, although we have interesting people in Carhartts. So this week I will try not to snarl. I'll embrace the brutality of the hotel gym. I'll count up my comp time with a smile, because it means one more hour on trail. I've got this!
BUT DON'T TOUCH THE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS.
|Here's my book cover. Coming out in Sept.|